10 Bedrooms / 6 Bathrooms / 6 Reception
23 photosBrochure property tour
Share on social media
Alipore House is a substantial 6 to 10 BEDROOM character property situated in the heart of Lower Parkstone with far-reaching VIEWS across Parkstone Golf Course to Poole Bay, Old Harry Rocks, the Purbecks and beyond. Ideal for LARGE families or those looking for an INCOME-generating property or ANNEXE.
This beautiful Edwardian residence is currently being loved as a residential home, however, with circa 4700 sqft of accommodation spread over 3 floors; comprising of 6 to 10 bedrooms (depending on usage preference), 6 bathrooms and 2 kitchens, there have been adaptations already made that would benefit buyers that are looking for:
• A home to cater for two or three generations living under the same roof.
• An INCOME generating home (subject to the required permissions) either through AIRBNB by utilising the ANNEXE on the 3rd floor with a private stairwell, or, through renting out individual rooms as a GUESTHOUSE or LIVE-IN HMO (home of multiple occupancy), subject to the required permissions. The current owners have also installed plumbing on the 1st floor so that a 3rd kitchen could be installed, thus a potential DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY to create 3 separate, self-contained apartments.
Our vendors have sympathetically upgraded the property by undertaking a major refurbishment in recent years. This includes; but is not limited to, a new central heating system, replacement glazing and insulation of the upper floor. The heart and soul of this impressive period home is something to be admired.
This is a property which is seldomly seen in this area in terms of character and substantiality, set in a tranquil location with a wealth of retained character features and a south-facing garden.
The house is situated between Penn Hill and Ashley Cross with a range of cafes, bars, restaurants and independent shops. It's also within easy reach of Salterns Marina, Poole's award-winning sandy beaches and benefits from sought after-school catchment for Courthill and Baden Powell.
Internal description and summary:
Porch providing access to:
- Impressive, expansive entrance hall and reception with fireplace. The hallway spreads across the depth of the property with access from the front to the rear veranda and garden.
- Kitchen/ Breakfast room with Fireplace. Provides access side door to driveway, a second set of stairs up to the first and second floors and
- Study with utility area and W/C
- Double Bedroom with ensuite shower room. Facing over the rear garden with bay window seat. Ornate copper feature fireplace
- Double Bedroom (currently being used as a main ground floor sitting room) with beautiful original inglenook fireplace with flying buttress over and fireplace seats, and bay window seat over looking garden. With access to an ensuite shower room this room is perfect to be utilised as a grand ensuite bedroom or restored to its original living room purpose.
- Double Bedroom with ensuite (currently being used as a games room) facing front aspect. Ensuite shower room.
Grand staircase leading to first-floor landing
Spacious landing providing access to:
- Double bedroom (currently being used as additional reception room) with access to the stunning viewing balcony overlooking the rear aspect. Door to additional bedroom (currently being used as a second sitting room) both rooms providing far-reaching views over Old Harry rocks across Parkstone Golf Course. This room also has plumbing installed for a proposed 3rd kitchen.
- 2 front aspect double Bedrooms with adjoining Jack and Jill door.
- Main family bathroom with bidet, toilet, vanity basin and generous sized bathtub. Underfloor heating.
- Large double bedroom facing over the rear aspect with bay window seat. Fitted wardrobe. Ensuite shower room with underfloor heating.
- Boiler/storage room
- Stairs to ground floor and annexe/Second floor
Currently designed as a guest annexe which we believe would have traditionally been staff quarters. This level has been refurbished throughout and provides the best views across to Poole Bay and Old Harry Rocks. To include:
- Idyllic bedroom with a feature fire place
- Newly refurbished shower room with eve storage and plumbing for washing machine
- Another light and bright double bedroom
- Spacious drawing room/games room/ sitting room with character eves and access to the kitchen
- Newly fully fitted modern kitchen with induction hob and eve storage
Access to Loft space with window and carpeted flooring.
BCP Council Tax Band G.
Majestic front approach with well-nurtured rockery with water feature and external lighting.
Lawned raised bed, SOUTHWEST facing garden which is mainly laid to lawn, mature shrubbery and far-reaching views to Old Harry Rocks. Mature boundary trees/bushes and fencing providing a high degree of seclusion from neighbouring properties.
Parking and garage
Double garage with two electric up-and-over doors. The front of the property offers numerous surface car parking spaces.
In addition to the front car parking spaces there is a long driveway and a side access door which would make a perfect private entrance to a family annexe or to rent out, potentially as an AIRBNB (subject to the required permissions).
There are also additional westerly-facing grounds with a raised fishpond. This area could be made into another sun terrace or utilised as an additional private area for a boat or caravan (subject to there being no restrictive covenants for such vehicles).
Lower Parkstone in Victorian times was known as England's "Mentone", centrally located between the vibrant and cosmopolitan villages of Ashley Cross, Westbourne and Canford Cliffs with all of their shopping and cafe culture bars and restaurants. Close by is Penn Hill Village with its independent shops, café bars and wonderful Branksome Park woodland walk which offers a verdant tree wooded walk down to the beach at Branksome. Also nearby are major shopping facilities in Branksome which includes John Lewis at Home. Transport links are excellent with easy access to the Wessex Way for South East traffic and there are two mainline railway stations to choose from at Branksome and Parkstone - both of which are stopping stations for the fast train to London Waterloo. State school catchments for this property are Courthill First School and Baden Powell Middle School.
These particulars are intended to give a fair description of the property but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed, and they do not constitute an offer of contract. Intending purchasers must rely on their own inspection of the property. None of the above appliances/services have been tested by ourselves. We recommend purchasers arrange for a qualified person to check all appliances/services before legal commitment.